Week 7 - Mktg 3349 - Pay Per Click

 


    Pay Per Click (PPS) is an advertising model that allows business to put advertisements on different platforms and the business only pays for the amount of clicks the ad receives. The most popular advertising service is known as Google Ads where it operates on real time bidding. This is a great for businesses who want their ad to be closer to the first few pages of a search engine browser. This is because of the auction where businesses bid for their ad spot to be in a spot they would most desire; and it is beneficial as the business will only have to pay for the amount of clicks they receive. (Gilbert)

    Many businesses use SEO campaigns in order to achieve a goal. The most common goal would be to improve their rankings on search engines. It is also important to have a focus on increasing traffic as this is the way to influence users into purchasing from your business. In order to bring traffic your company must be using relevant keywords that are being search for. It is very important that businesses do keyword research so they can use the keywords that best relate to their business. During my sophomore year I took a SEO class that was focused on SEMrush I was able to learn the importance of keywords. Our goal was to improve a small computer businesses traffic and rank; I struggled a lot. I did not understand the importance of keywords and I would use many that related to what I was selling. I noticed that I would barely get any views or any completed sales. When I opted for a different method which was focusing on only using specific keywords and fixed the headlines I noticed many differences. I was receiving more traffic and completed sales which led to my profit skyrocketing. Although a bid is important I believe that businesses should not depend on it only they should also put a great focus on their use of keywords and how they are presenting themselves. 


“What Is PPC & How Paid Search Marketing Works.” Search Engine Journal, 4 Feb. 2021, www.searchenginejournal.com/ppc-guide/what-is-ppc-paid-search/#close. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week 6 - MKTG 3349 - Marketing As A Career

Week 6- Mktg 3349 - The Courtney Quinn Interview

Week 1 - MKTG 3349 - Introduction